martes, 23 de abril de 2013


WHAT THE SEA BROUGHT BACK...



I’m not sure but I think it was about two years ago. I was going out with Laura. We had met three months before and had decided to live together.
Everything seemed to be alright until that day. I still remember it clearly. We had had a silly argument about something she knew but I didn’t. She accused me of being an ignorant and replied that, at least, I spoke fluent English which she didn’t. She stood up, slammed the door and left the room without a word.
The next morning, when I woke up, she wasn’t there. I went to the kitchen and there, on the table, next to an empty cup of coffee I found a newspaper with that ad which looked at me in the eye: ‘Shakespeare for the ignorant’.
I grabbed it, went to the toilet and I’ll let to your imagination what I did with it.
Now, two years later, I’m sitting on this beach in the North of Spain.
Yes, although my eyes refuse to believe it, here it is again: the same paper, the same ad, the same grave face.
I remember Laura, and I cry.





DON’T EXPLAIN EVERYTHING.
       LEAVE SPACE FOR 
         THE READER’S
          IMAGINATION.


This is an example of how you can use your imagination to write really creative and appealing pieces of writing.
Use one -or more- of the following photos and write your story!! You can follow the guidelines above -in the spidergram- to trigger your imagination.
Ah,and keep the highlighted lines from the model text as a place and time reference.













No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario